BLS Provider Classroom Option
Formerly known as BLS Healthcare Provider (changed with 2016 updates)
The BLS Provider Classroom Option (Basic Life Support) is intended for Healthcare Professionals (certified or non certified, licensed or non licensed) who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of hospital settings.
This classroom option is ideal for the learner who prefers group interaction and feedback from an instructor while learning BLS skills. We will cover bother single and double rescuer situations to show the difference and importance of teamwork in a variety of settings. The main focus of the class will be on the critical concepts of high-quality CPR.
- Examples of Healthcare Providers who need BLS: Physician Assistants, Physicians, Dentists, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Nursing Students and others who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course for work.
- Course Content: Critical Concepts of high-quality CPR, AHA chain of survival, 1 and 2 rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant, Difference between Adult/Child/Infant rescue techniques, Bag-mask Techniques, Rescue Breathing, Choking and Introduction into Advanced Airway Management.
- Format/Time: The BLS Provider class option will take 3 hours to watch the video, take the written test, and perform the skills demonstration in office one of our offices.
- Cost of the BLS Provider Class: $65 per Student
- Offered at these Locations: Conyers, Emory, and Marietta
After completing the BLS Provider course, students should be able to do the following:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR
- Describe the steps of the Chain of Survival and be able to apply BLS concepts
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR on Adults, Children, and Infants
- Describe the importance of AED sued and demonstrate usage
- Demonstrate proper ventilation with a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams and team member duties during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for choking for Adults and Infants
Scroll down to find a calendar of upcoming BLS Provider classes and the registration form to reserve your seat for the class that works best with your schedule.
Why Choose GAcprclasses.com?
- Cards printed same day, NO waiting period
- American Heart Association Certified Instructors
- Classes available 7 days a week, day or night, to accommodate anyone’s schedule
- We can teach at your office for NO additional charge (Discounts maybe available)
- Online Learning Options Available for most classes (Less time spent in office)
- 2 Year Certification Cards
- Classes offered at 3 different locations in the Atlanta area
- More Individual and Hands on Training because we keep our classes small
BLS Provider Class Schedule
Even though classes are scheduled 7 days a week, you MUST have a reservation to attend classes. Seats in classes are limited and we need to have the correct cards on hand to issue so that you do not have to wait for your certification. Sometimes classes do not have any students sign up for that day and instructors are not in the office unless there are classes to teach.
The registration form for your seat for one of our upcoming classes can be found under the schedule below. This schedule contains BLS classes for all 3 offices.
BLS Class Registration Form
We will send an invoice for payment to confirm your reservation and to guarantee a card to issue upon completion of class. Arrangements can be made to pay the day of the class if needed.
Still have questions about a BLS Provider class? Due to scheduling so many classes, it is often difficult to reach us by phone. Please use the Contact Us page or email us at email@example.com with any questions to get the fastest response.
Online BLS Class Option with Skills Checkoff
If your schedule is full and you don’t have 3 hours to come to the office for a full class, there is a new online option for the BLS Provider class. The American Heart Association understands that everyone’s time is important and they have set up the video and testing portion for you to do from the comforts of your own home and at your own time and pace.
You still have to demonstrate your CPR skills on the practice manikins, but you are only in the office for 45 minutes to perform the skills checkoff portion because you complete the majority of the work from home before coming in to finish.
This option covers all the same material that the classroom option does and you get the same certification. This provides more flexibility for the student to work with their busy personal and work schedules.
Online Skills Checkoffs are available 7 days a week and by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Upon completing the online portion, please print the certificate of completion and email us to schedule a time for your checkoff. Your certification card will be printed for you at the time you complete the in office portion. Online or Classroom BLS options are both $65 per person.
To learn more about the Online BLS Provider class option, Click here.
Other AHA Classes Available
|BLS Provider Class||YES||Conyers, Emory, or Marietta|
|ACLS Class||-----||Emory or Marietta|
|PALS Class||-----||Emory or Marietta|
|CPR AED Class||YES||Conyers|
|First Aid CPR AED Class||YES||Conyers|
|Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Class||YES||Conyers|
|First Aid Class||-----||Conyers or Marietta|
|Bloodborne Pathogens (Online Only)||YES||All Online, Print Card From Home|
Group BLS Training Classes
GAcprclasses.com can travel to your home, business, or office to teach group BLS classes. All of our teaching supplies are transportable, allowing us to come to you to complete one of our classes. Certification cards are issued the same day you complete training. Group discounts with 4 or more students.
Use the following form to contact us about scheduling group BLS training at your home, business, or office.