Heartsaver First Aid Class
This class is intended for anyone with limited or no medical training who need to know critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Certification cards will be issued for anyone needing to complete a job requirement.
This class is ideal for learner who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor while learning skills. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock, choking and other first aid emergencies.
- Examples of who needs Heartsaver First Aid training (non healthcare): This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Some health care jobs want First Aid and BLS together.
- Course Content: Basic First Aid for Injury, Emergency, and Environmental Emergencies
- Format/Time: The Heartsaver First Aid class will take 2-3 hours depending on your initial knowledge of First Aid.
- Cost of Classroom Option: $60
- Offered only at this location: Conyers
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
The First Aid Class is currently by request only.
Use our Contact Us page to write us to schedule a time for your class.
Ask us about coming to your office to teach class at no additional charge. Group discounts available for all classes.
Why choose GAcprclasses.com?
- Cards printed same day, NO waiting period
- American Heart Association Certified Instructors
- Classes available 7 days a week, day or night, to accommodate anyone’s schedule
- We can teach at your office for NO additional charge (Discounts maybe available)
- Online Learning Options Available
- 2 Year Certification
- Classes offered at 3 different locations
- More Individual and Hands on Training because we keep our classes small